|10:00 – 12:00
|EREK GENERAL ASSEMBLY (EREK Network members only)
Discussion corner 1: Discussing current Resource Efficient and Circular Economy policies
Moderator: Ruslan Zheckov, Senior Associate Consultant, EREK coordination team, Technopolis Group.
With the participation of Fabien Porcher, Policy Officer for the Circular Economy, European Commission.
The moderator of the EREK International Conference will be Connie Czymoch.
– Timo Pesonen, Director General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs in the European Commission
– Janez Potocnik, Co-Chair, UNEP IRP – United Nations Environment Programme International Resource Panel.
– Bianca Dragomir, European Cluster Manager of the Year 2016-2018, CEO of AVAESEN – The Valencian Renewable Energy Cluster.
|14:40||What do business support organisations say about resource efficiency?
EREK has hosted several workshops and webinars around Europe with business intermediaries, businesses, and industries. Cluster managers in green sectors also support their SME clients to sell their technologies. This session will explore what the key insights, learning points, and messages are and how we can build from them.- Bettina Gilbert, Programme Manager at WRAP – Waste and Resources Action Programme, EREK Partner.- Ander Elgorriaga, Ecodesign and Eco-efficiency Unit, IHOBE, EREK Member.
– Izabela Ratman – Klosinska, Project Manager at IETU – Institute for Ecology of Industrial Areas, EREK Member.
– Kristiina Jokelainen, representative of the Arctic Industry and Circular Economy Cluster.
|15:30||Do Circular Economy and Resource Efficiency pay off?
Pitching session from resource efficincy and circular economy champions. Exploring hard cases of businesses using circular economy business models, as well as SMEs implementing resource efficiency measures.Selected SMEs:- Nasos Makios, Marketing and Environmental Manager at Klimis (Greece).
– Quentin Mercier, CEO at MODS (Belgium).
– Sarah McCartney, CEO at 4160 Tuesdays (United Kingdom).
– Nikolaus Obermayr, representative of SEG Umwelt – Service, (Luxembourg).
Discussion corner 2: Assessing risks and opportunities for resource efficiency strategies for SMEs
Moderator: Ffion Batcup, International Project Manager at WRAP – The Waste and Resources Action Programme, EREK partner.
With the participation of Océane Peiffer-Smadja, Policy Officer for Low Carbon and Resource Efficiency Support Initiatives for SMEs at the Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), European Commission.
|16:35||Resource Efficiency at work – parallel sessions
This parallel session will focus on how companies can finance resource efficiency in the real economy, and which are the circular business models that work best.
Co-organised by KÖVET Association for Sustainable Economies – EREK Network Member
Moderator: Katlin Herner, Managing Director at KÖVET Association, EREK Network Member, and Gergely Tóth, Secretary-General of KÖVET Association, EREK Network Member.
– Pierre Gaudillat, Project Officer – Scientific at Circular Economy and Industrial Leadership, Joint Research Center.
– Felix Kaup, Director of Industrial Technologies at Hessen Trade and Investment, EREK Network Member.
– Armando Melone, Policy Officer for COSME financial instruments at the Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), European Commission
This parallel session will focus on how large-scale events such as movies, music festivals and cultural events can be more resource efficient and how they can implement good practices when it comes to waste management.
Co-organised by OVAM Public Waste Agency of Flanders – EREK Network Member.
Moderator: Lieze Cloots, Head of the European Team at OVAM Public Waste Agency of Flanders.
– Martijn Vandewalle, organiser of the Ieperfest Festival.
– Jeroen Vereecke, Director at Boomtown Festival and project leader of several sustainable and circular concepts for festivals, on behalf of the City of Ghent.
– Tim Wagendorp, Sustainability coordinator at VAF.
This parallel session will focus on how the social economy can contribute to use resources more efficiently and can support the implementation of a more circular economy.
Moderator: Karel Vanderpoorten, Policy Officer for Social Economy at Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), European Commission.
– Matthieu Rama, Policy Officer at RREUSE.
– Xhevat Lushi, Country Director at CNVP.
– Suzanne Wisse – Huiskes, Chief Executive at EUCLID Network, The European Network for Social Enterprises and Impact Driven Leaders.
This parallel session will focus on how technologies of the digital transformation can support and trigger the implementation of resource efficiency in operation practice.
Moderator: Igor Kalinic, Head of Sector – Competitiveness and Internationalisation, EASME, European Commission.
– Joseba Bilbatua, Senior Manager of Advanced Manufacturing at MONDRAGON Corporation.
– Michal Jan Cichy, Vice – president of the Polish Cleaner Production Movement Society, EREK Network Member.
– Sigrid Linher, Director of Energy, Climate and Environment at ORGALIM – Europe’s Technology Industries.
|18:00||Cocktail (with a twist)
Discussion corner 3: Digital transformation: how to combine it with resource efficiency and circular economy
Moderator: Maximilian Müller, Project Manager EU & International Affairs at VDI ZRE – VDI Centre for Resource Efficiency, EREK Partner.
With the participation of Marta Batalla Masana, Policy Officer for Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Technologies at the European Commission